Just like every year, CBSE will be conducting CBSE Improvement Exam in 2018. The schedule and important dates of CBSE Improvement Exam 2018 have already been published by us in detail, you can click here to read them. It has all the information from availability of CBSE Improvement Exam forms to admit cards. We will sum up the basic information of improvement exam for you in this one article and include links for further reading at the bottom. Please read all of it.
CBSE Improvement Exam can be given for even 1 subject, however we advise you to give it in all 5 subjects and we have a detailed article explaining it, click here to read it.
There are a few requirements for CBSE improvement exam 2018 that are mandatory if a student wishes to appear in one or more subjects:
- The student must be from CBSE Board (If you appeared in class 12th from other boards, you can apply in NIOS)
- The student must be passed in all the subjects and must have a passing certificate.
- If the student have a compartment in any subject then they must appear in compartment exam first and clear it in order to appear in improvement exam in the year 2018.
- The student can appear for improvement exam next year only, means you can only appear in CBSE improvement exam 2018 if you passed the CBSE Board Exams in year 2017 (this year).
- The student must not have any reappears in order to appear in the improvement exam 2018.
- The student cannot engage in any higher studies in the mean time. They must drop the year and study from home. (We will be publishing specially designed course material and study guide for students appearing in CBSE Improvement Exam soon.)
- The student cannot appear in improvement exam for any additional subjects. They canonly appear in the main 5 subjects.
- The student can appear for one subject or all subjects in the improvement exam.
Again, since it’s not the first time CBSE is conducting the Improvement Exam we have plenty of articles on the topic. A few helpful links to articles are as follows (Links open in new window/tab):
- What is CBSE Improvement Exam? – Details here – This article contains all the information in detail.
- CBSE Improvement Exam 2016 – our previous year article.
- CBSE Improvement Exam 2015 – our 2015 year’s article on CBSE improvement Exam with over 1200 useful comments and answers.
- CBSE Improvement Exam 2014 – our 2014’s article with with over 700 useful comments answering most of the common queries.
- CBSE Improvement Exam – This page has links to all the CBSE improvement exam related articles.
At last, We advise students to appear in all 5 subjects for the improvement exam if they can. If you are thinking to appear in less than five subjects for improvement exam, make sure you tell us why in the comments section below so we can help you make your decision. The CBSE improvement exam 2018 forms will be made available in August/September 2018. Make sure to subscribe to our Newsletter Subscription to get updates about the CBSE improvement exam forms availability.